Welcome to the discussion forum

Date 10/15/2016

By Christy

Subject Re: Re: Welcome to the discussion forum

Hi Hayley,

Thank you for sharing your story. I was just recently diagnosed after trying for 2 1/2 years to concieve with my husband. I'm 28. My periods were always a bit irregular, but they became REALLY irregular when I was 19. At the time the OB-GYN chalked it up to stress.

When I was first diagnosed I wished that I had been diagnosed sooner. I felt like my husband and I wasted time trying to conceive when, had we known, we could have gone a different route from the beginning. Now, we're paying off medical bills while trying to figure out how we'll be able to afford an adoption. I started wondering if my husband felt differently about me or if he would have done anything differently had he known before we were married.

Then, I read another woman's story. She was diagnosed as a teenager, and said that she struggled with relationships because of it, distancing herself from potential romantic partners, fearing that they wouldn't want to be with her because of her POF. Her story really gave me perspective, and it just shows that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. There just isn't a good way or a good time to find out you have POF.

Back